Mid Day Meal (MDM)
Mid day meal scheme was started in 1984 in Gujarat. In this scheme the share of central government is of 75% and the share of State government is of 25%. it involves provision for free lunch on working days for children in primary & upper primary classes in government aided, local body school.
- To provide hot cooked meal to children.
- To improve nutritional status of children.
- To encourage poor children belonging to disadvantaged sections, to attend school more regularly & help them concentrate on classroom activities, thereby increasing the enrollment, retention & attendance rates.
- To Decrease the drop out ratio of the students in school.
- The subsidiary aim is to provide the employment in Rural Sector.
Service Category : Monitoring on District Level.
Associated branches : MDM Branch at Taluka Level.
Features of scheme
|SR. NO.||DETAIL||STD 1 TO 5||STD 6 TO 8|
|Quantity||Rate (Rs.)||Quantity||Rate (Rs.)|
|SR. NO.||DETAIL||DAILY QUANTITY (IN GRAMS)|
|Std 1 to 5||Std 6 to 8|
|Food||Fada Khichdi of Mix Wheat/Dal Dhokli||Dal-Rice||Dal Dhokli||Khichdi and Vegitable and Sukhdi at 4:00 PM||Mix Khichdi||Sukhdi / Lapsi|